How do we collect information about you and your use of the website?
1. We may collect information about you or your use of the Website:
When you agree to subscribe to a service/product we provide and give us information including contact details, etc; or
- when you join our The Tack Room Equestrian Community; or
- when you communicate with us/our Customer Services and Technical Support departments; or
- when you subscribe to our newsletters, enter competitions or promotions; or
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (but not your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to information used by those companies, click here.
What are cookies? Cookies are files created by websites you’ve visited that store browsing information, such as your site preferences or profile information. There are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies are set by the site domain listed in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies come from other domain sources that have items, such as ads or images, embedded on the page
The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server when you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the site pages, or register with any of our site’s services, a cookie enables thetackroom.uk to recall your specific information on subsequent visits.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your Web browser settings; however, if you choose to decline cookies you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the site.
A web beacon is a transparent image file used to monitor your journey around a single website or collection of sites. They are also referred to as web bugs and are commonly used by sites that hire third-party services to monitor traffic. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of a web site.
Google uses the DART cookie, which enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visits to this site and other sites on the Web. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by reviewing:
- The Types of cookies used by Google
- and How Google uses data when you use partner sites or apps.
Your Browser can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Privacy software can be used to override web beacons. Taking either of these actions shouldn’t cause a problem with viewing our site. (for example see: Manage your cookies in Chrome)
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We may use this information to:
- provide you with the products or services you requested and collect payments;
- to inform you about promotions or offers and if you enter, to manage that promotion or offer;
- let you know about any changes to our services or our site;
- manage our network;
- prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our network;
- for other administrative purposes.
3. Whom do we disclose your information to?
We do not disclose your personal information to anyone, unless obligated to do so by law.
From time to time we will compile aggregate statistics about our Website and we may share these statistics with reputable third parties. These statistics will not contain information that would enable any third party to identify you personally.
If you have requested specific services, we may have to disclose your personal information to third parties, but only to the extent necessary to provide and operate the services or products you have requested.
We will only ever disclose your personal information if we have to comply with applicable laws and/or lawful requests by the appropriate authorities.
4. How long do we keep your data?
Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, we will retain your data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the data has been collected or for which it is to be further processed.
5. Transfer of data outside Europe
We may transfer data outside of Europe but in only accordance with the Data Protection Act.
6. How can you find out what personal information we hold about you?
If you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please write to our Customer Services department (using the contact us form) and enclose a cheque for the administration fee of £10 made payable to The Tack Room (UK) Ltd. Please include all relevant details to help us find the information you require.
7. How you can amend your personal information?
You can at any time ask us to amend your personal information if this is incorrect, by contacting Customer Services using the Contact Us form on our website.
8. How do we protect your personal information?
We will protect your personal data by all appropriate security measures including the use of secure servers and encryption.
9. Third party sites